Year 6 - Homework
Homework will be published on the website on Friday and due the following Wednesday. It will include Maths from MyMaths website based on the content covered during the week. In addition, it will include Literacy comprehension/SPAG. In addition, there will half-termly R.E homework. There will also be a topic project every half-term. Spellings will be given out every Friday ready for a dictation test on the following Friday.
It is also important to read with your child daily so that they maintain and improve their reading standard.
Homework is there to:
- Reinforce and consolidate classroom learning.
- Help children to develop independent learning skills.
- Provide opportunities for parents and children to enjoy the learning experience together.
- Inspire children to want to extend their own learning
Homework should not:
- Cause unnecessary stress or anxiety for the child or parent!
Please feel free to let us know if you have any concerns.
Many thanks for your cooperation,
***If at all possible, please complete all homework tasks online- either through MyMaths or Google Classroom. If homework has to be completed in homework books, please take a photo of the work and e-mail in to firstname.lastname@example.org***