Year 6 - Homework
Homework will be published on the website on Friday and due the following Wednesday. It will include Maths from MyMaths website based on the content covered during the week. In addition, it will include Literacy comprehension/SPAG. In addition, there will fortnightly R.E homework sent out on a Friday. There will also be a topic project every half-term. Spellings will be given out every Friday ready for a dictation test on the following Friday.
It is also important to read with your child daily so that they maintain and improve their reading standard.
Homework is there to:
- Reinforce and consolidate classroom learning.
- Help children to develop independent learning skills.
- Provide opportunities for parents and children to enjoy the learning experience together.
- Inspire children to want to extend their own learning
Homework should not:
- Cause unnecessary stress or anxiety for the child or parent!
Please feel free to let us know if you have any concerns.
Many thanks for your cooperation,
All homework will be attached below as a word document with the date of the day it's due on. Please find at the bottom of the page.
***If at all possible, please complete the MyMaths task online instead of on paper. The tasks are designed to be completed in this way and results can be easily tracked and monitored. Please let me know if this is not possible.***