Year 5 - Homework
Homework will be published on the website on Friday and due the following Wednesday. It will include:
- My Maths (online) and Literacy task to be completed every week.
- RE task linked to the Wednesday Word given fortnightly.
- Topic project to be completed over a half term (usually 5-6 weeks).
- Spellings and timestables to be learnt weekly (spellings put into sentences) for test the following Wednesday.
It is also important to read with your child daily so that they maintain and improve their reading standard.
Homework is there to:
- Reinforce and consolidate classroom learning.
- Help children to develop independent learning skills.
- Provide opportunities for parents and children to enjoy the learning experience together.
- Inspire children to want to extend their own learning
Homework should not:
- Cause unnecessary stress or anxiety for the child or parent!
Please feel free to let us know if you have any concerns.
Many thanks for your cooperation,