Hello everyone! I hope you all had a lovely Easter at home with your families.Here are the tasks for this week. Purple Mash tasks are already in your "Alerts".
1. Log onto Purple Mash, read chapter 2 of Alien Hotel and complete tasks: quiz, Mr Blazz's rule book and finally Miss Clee's thoughts and her character in the speech bubble.
2. English SATs Paper1 2019 - read through and answer the questions (paper has been sent home with you)
3. Log onto https://www.bbc.co.uk/bitesize/dailylessons - go to Year 2 - English , 20 April, My favourite story. You'll find there three activities. I would like you to do Activity 1. Favourite books
Write the names of the people you live with or your wider family and ask them what their favourite childhood books were. Next to each name, try to write the titles of their favourite books.
Do the titles of each book give you some clues about what they might be like?
Now you have a list of some books you can read! And you can share your opinion with each person after you've read them.
Write the answers in your homework book. If you want to do more work, then feel free to finish activity 2 and 3. :)
Watch this video of Pentecost to get an idea of what happened.(https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xtokHQOmFu0)
Pentecost (Shavu’ot) in the time of Jesus.
The next major festival we celebrate in the Church is Pentecost. It is called Pentecost as it is always celebrated 50 days after Easter (‘penta’ is the Greek word for 5). This year Pentecost is on May 31st. It is Year A this year and Matthew does not have an account of Pentecost so we need to go to Luke, to hear what happened. In his account Luke tells us that the spirit comes among the disciples gathered in Jerusalem for the festival, giving them all the gift of speech.
1. Draw a pentagon in your book.
2. Read what Luke tells us happened. Look carefully for where everyone is (the setting) and who is there (the characters). Read twice if you want to!
‘When the day of Pentecost had come, they were all together in one place. 2And suddenly from heaven there came a sound like the rush of a violent wind, and it filled the entire house where they were sitting. 3Divided tongues, as of fire, appeared among them, and a tongue rested on each of them. 4All of them were filled with the Holy Spirit and began to speak in other languages, as the Spirit gave them ability.
Now there were devout Jews from every nation under heaven living in Jerusalem. 6And at this sound the crowd gathered and was bewildered, because each one heard them speaking in the native language of each. 7Amazed and astonished, they asked, ‘Are not all these who are speaking Galileans? 8And how is it that we hear, each of us, in our own native language?’
3. Draw what happens, according to Luke, in your pentagon.
- Follow the 'Maths No Problem' Money Lesson 1 and 2 and complete the activities in your homework book. (attachment uploaded below)
- Log onto Purple Mash and complete task called ‘Calculating change from 10p". Don't forget to save your work!
3. Maths/English PE task -You will find the attachment for this activity below.
Please remember to complete your Science Project for Spring 2 ( life cycles)
The Science topic for this term is "Plants". It is perfect for this time of year as the weather is changing, plants are growing and you will possibly notice that there are many different types of plants around you! For this week, please make sure to finish your half-term project (life cycle) , watch the powerpoint about the Plants and verbally answers these two questions:
1. What does a plant need to grow?
2. What do the different parts of a plant do?
My Maths - for those who want extra challenge - I have allocated another activity about money. Good luck!
21.04.20 https://www.bbc.co.uk/teach/supermovers/ks1-maths-money/zht4nrd - song about money (lyrics are attached below)
21.04.20 - For those who finished their SATs reading paper 1 and would like to mark/check their answers - I have attached them below. For paper 1 you need to go on page 9 to 19. Good luck.