Monday 8th June
Here are the tasks for this week. All the resources can be found at the bottom of this page and all the Purple Mash tasks are already in your ‘Alerts’.
Whilst, home learning is a topic of a number of conversations at the moment, I really want to stress that above all, yours and your children’s happiness and wellbeing is the most important thing. Remember, just do what you can!
I have attached a timetable to the bottom of the page, which may help you structure your week a little more.
You will need to read or listen to the eBook ‘Fee! Fi! Fo! Fum!’. There are two versions- the book version (see files below) or the video version (follow the link below).
- Phonics Videos on YouTube- Letters and Sounds, which is the scheme we use at school to teach Phonics from, are beginning a YouTube channel that goes through different Year 1 phonics sounds. They will be releasing videos every day from Monday to Friday at 10:30 and 11:00 for Year 1 pupils. They will be focusing on blending and reading words! https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCP_FbjYUP_UtldV2K_-niWw
- Complete ‘Wanted Poster’ activity on Purple Mash for Wolfie. You will need to describe what Wolfie looks like at the beginning of the book (first double page) and what he was wearing. This is a time to really show off your vocabulary knowledge by using lots of adjectives! Please remember to save your work!
- At the end of the story, Wolfie is about to go and visit the Three Little Pigs. Write a short story of what happened when Wolfie went to visit the Three Little Pigs. This can either be the original Three Little Pigs story or, if you are feeling brave, you may want to think of your own story! Remember your capital letters, finger spaces and full stops! (I would love to see these so please email me a picture of your stories through the school office email).
- Follow the link below https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=450YCFK4Df4Then complete the lesson called ‘Making Equal Groups’. Write any answers in your blue books. The answers will be given after the activity.
- Follow the lesson below called ‘Adding Equal Groups’. Write any answers in your blue books. The answers will be given after the activity.
- Complete ‘1 less- 1 to 100b’ and ‘1 more- 1 to 100b’ activities on Purple Mash (they are not long tasks and they are different from last weeks). It is a timed activity, but more than enough time is given.
Jesus is known for making miracles happen. One of the miracles he did was calming a storm. Follow the link and watch the video, which explains the story. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uYLHqdSO9OY
In the story, Jesus’ disciples found themselves in the middle of a big problem. Write a short paragraph answering these key questions: Have you ever had a problem that you felt you couldn’t fix? Or found too hard to fix? What was this problem? How did you solve your problem? (See below for an example).
Follow these steps to create some ‘Fee! Fi! Fo! Fum!’ character puppets.
- On A4 paper, create your own characters from the ‘Fee! Fi! Fo! Fum!’ story.
- You might want to paint them, or colour them in felt tips or pencils.
- Once you have finished, carefully cut out your characters (you may want to ask an adult to help you).
- After cutting them out, using sellotape, stick a straw or a wooden stick or a chopstick on the back of your character! This will make it into a little puppet that you can play with!
There are lots of incredible inventions over the years that we are so lucky to have and are really useful to have, such as the creation of the mobile phone, LEGO and so many more! Find something in your house that you think is a really cool or clever invention. This could be a toy you have, or furniture in your house or whatever you can think of.
Once you have chosen it, I would like you to draw a picture of it and write about it. You will need to answer these questions: (see below for an example)
- What is your object?
- What does it do?
- What is it made out of?
- Why did you choose it?
Over the last few weeks, we have been looking at the seven continents! Quickly remind yourself of the continents by watching this short video and join in on the song!
Once you have reminded yourself of the continents, please follow this link, which will take you to the Oak National website where you will see a lesson on Africa (one of the seven continents). You will need your blue book and a pencil!