Monday 4th May
Here are the tasks for this week. All the resources can be found at the bottom of this page and all the Purple Mash tasks are already in your ‘Alerts’.
Whilst, home learning is a topic of a number of conversations at the moment, I really want to stress that above all, yours and your children’s happiness and wellbeing is the most important thing. Remember, just do what you can!
I have attached a timetable to the bottom of the page, which may help you structure your week a little more.
You will need to read or listen to the eBook ‘Little Acorns’. There are two versions- the book version (see files below) or the video version (follow the link below).
- Answer the comprehension questions on ‘Little Acorns’. Please write your answers in your blue homework books.
- Purple Mash Activity- write a paragraph that describes each of the 4 Seasons. Please write a minimum of two sentences per season. I am mainly looking for adjectives, full stops and capital letters! (Please remember to save your work).
- Phonics Videos on YouTube- Letters and Sounds, which is the scheme we use at school to teach Phonics from, are beginning a YouTube channel that goes through different Year 1 phonics sounds. They will be releasing videos every day from Monday to Friday at 10:30 and 11:00 for Year 1 pupils. They will be focusing on blending and reading words! https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCP_FbjYUP_UtldV2K_-niWw
I would recommend completing these tasks in the order shown here. The Purple Mash activity will require a good understanding of Numbers to 50 before completing!
Please start off by following the link below and watching and joining in on this fun Maths/PE activity!
- Complete ‘Numbers to 50!’ lesson (see resources below). Please write any answers in your blue books.
- Complete the Purple Mash Activity on ‘Place Value’. (Please remember to save your work!)
- Complete ‘Ordering Numbers’ lesson (see resources below). Please write any answers in your blue books.
I have also attached a 100 square as you may find this handy to use.
You may want to start by reminding yourself of the Pentecost video we have watched over the past few weeks.
Answer the following questions in your blue homework books.
- What sound did the disciples hear in the story?
- What happened after they heard this sound?
- What did the Holy Spirit let the people do?
- What did the disciples do with their new special ‘powers’?
- What city did all of this happen in?
Follow the link below, which will take you to the BBC Bitesize website. Watch the video on the parts of the plants and complete the mini quiz below the video.
Find the ‘Parts of Plants’ resource below and follow the short lesson. For your work, can you draw a picture of a flower and label these five parts; roots, stem, leaves, flower and petal. It would be even better if, you coloured in your beautiful flowers.
We had just began learning about the UK back at school, but we didn’t get very far! Please follow the link below, which will take you to another part of the BBC Bitesize website. Watch the three videos and complete the two short activities at the very bottom.
For the second activity, which is called ‘Pirate Bunnies World Adventure’, please only click on the second icon from the left (that looks like a telescope).
Follow the above, which will take you to the ‘Language Angel’ website. Please log into the ‘Pupil Games’ section with the Username: bernadette and the Password: French.
Select the category called ‘Les Animaux’, which will then take you to a list of games. Please go to the games under the ‘Sound and Picture Games’ heading (you may have to scroll down to find this). Play the Bingo game.