Monday 22nd June
Here are the tasks for this week. All the resources can be found at the bottom of this page and all the Purple Mash tasks are already in your ‘Alerts’.
Whilst, home learning is a topic of a number of conversations at the moment, I really want to stress that above all, yours and your children’s happiness and wellbeing is the most important thing. Remember, just do what you can!
I have attached a timetable to the bottom of the page, which may help you structure your week a little more.
You will need to read or listen to the eBook ‘The Old Toy Room’. There are two versions- the book version (see files below) or the video version (follow the link below).
- Phonics Videos on YouTube- Letters and Sounds, which is the scheme we use at school to teach Phonics from, are beginning a YouTube channel that goes through different Year 1 phonics sounds. They will be releasing videos every day from Monday to Friday at 10:30 and 11:00 for Year 1 pupils. They will be focusing on blending and reading words! https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCP_FbjYUP_UtldV2K_-niWw
- Write a diary entry from Lottie’s view about your exciting adventure in the toy room! Explain what happened and how you felt! Please complete this lesson in your homework books.
- Write a short story about another adventure that Lottie will have next! You can include new toys or your own toys and you can even make up some new characters! Here is a chance for you to be very creative! I would love to see some of these stories, so please email them to the school office so I can have a look. Please complete this lesson in your homework books.
This week the whole school is doing maths work on the theme of Money!
- Watch the video above.
- See resource below called ‘My money, your money’.
- Please complete the two ‘Calculating change’ Activities on Purple Mash. There are only a few questions so will not take you too long!
- See below for the activity ‘How much do the ice creams cost?’ Please answer these questions in your blue books! It would be a good idea to use coins at home to help you answer these questions!
Watch the video below:
Write a short paragraph about what Jesus’ miracle was about.
After completing the Literacy task about Lottie’s next adventure, draw or paint a picture of the new adventure she went on!
If you do not have access to paints, please use the resources that you have at home!
For this week’s science task, I would like you to go on a hunt around your house to look for certain toys that are made of certain materials.
- Find some toys made only of plastic?
- Find some toys made only of metal?
- Find some toys made only of rubber?
- Find some toys made out of two different materials?
- Find some toys made out of a fabric of some kind? (this could be a teddy bear)
Once you have got all your toys, choose one and write:
- What the toy is?
- What is it made of?
- Why do you think it is made of that?
(For example: My toy is a teddy bear. It is made out of fabric and it has little bits of plastic for its eyes. It is made out of fabric so it is soft for me to cuddle and light for me to play with.)
Design and Technology Task:
See resource below to design and plan your own toy! To help you with this task, think about some of your favourite toys and why you like them. Use these ideas to put together your own cool toy! Please complete this task on a piece of paper.