Monday 18th May
Here are the tasks for this week. All the resources can be found at the bottom of this page and all the Purple Mash tasks are already in your ‘Alerts’.
Whilst, home learning is a topic of a number of conversations at the moment, I really want to stress that above all, yours and your children’s happiness and wellbeing is the most important thing. Remember, just do what you can!
I have attached a timetable to the bottom of the page, which may help you structure your week a little more.
You will need to read or listen to the eBook ‘The Cautious Caterpillar’. There are two versions- the book version (see files below) or the video version (follow the link below).
- Phonics Videos on YouTube- Letters and Sounds, which is the scheme we use at school to teach Phonics from, are beginning a YouTube channel that goes through different Year 1 phonics sounds. They will be releasing videos every day from Monday to Friday at 10:30 and 11:00 for Year 1 pupils. They will be focusing on blending and reading words! https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCP_FbjYUP_UtldV2K_-niWw
- Complete the ‘Bug for a day’ Activity on Purple Mash. (Please remember to save your work). There is more information on this on Purple Mash. I have answered this question as well, so see below for my example.
- Complete the ‘Character Description’ activity (see below for the resource that will give you more information on it). Write about how Cody was in the beginning and then do the same for how Cody was at the end of the story. Please complete this task in your blue books. Remember capital letters, full stops and finger spaces!
Please start off by following the link below and watching and joining in on this fun Maths/PE activity that will help you with your counting in 10’s!
- Complete ‘Counting to 100’ lesson (see resources below). Please write any answers in your blue books. The answers have been provided.
- Complete ‘Finding tens and ones’ lesson (see resources below). Please write any answers in your blue books. The answers have been provided.
- Complete the Purple Mash Activity called ‘Counting in 10’s’. (Please remember to save your work!)
The month of May is dedicated to our Mother Mary. Below you will find a copy of the Hail Mary prayer, please read this prayer with your family at home. Copy out the prayer and draw a picture of Mary in your blue books.
Linking to our theme this week of bugs and nature, I thought it would be a fun idea to make bugs out of nature’s materials! Please see below for more information on what you will need to do for this task.
As we have been learning about plants and flowers recently, I thought it may be useful to go on a short walk and see how many different plants and flowers and trees you spot! If you cannot go on a walk, then you could try this from a window of your house or even in your garden!
Please see below for a copy of the scavenger hunt sheet! If you do not have access to a printer, then you could just take pictures of what you find on your walk and then write them all down when you get home!
Last week we looked at the seven continents! Quickly remind yourself of the continents by watching this short video and join in on the song!
Once you have reminded yourself of the continents, please follow this link, which will take you to the Oak National website where you will see a lesson on Europe (one of the seven continents). You will need your blue book and a pencil!