Monday 11th May
Here are the tasks for this week. All the resources can be found at the bottom of this page and all the Purple Mash tasks are already in your ‘Alerts’.
Whilst, home learning is a topic of a number of conversations at the moment, I really want to stress that above all, yours and your children’s happiness and wellbeing is the most important thing. Remember, just do what you can!
I have attached a timetable to the bottom of the page, which may help you structure your week a little more.
You will need to read or listen to the eBook ‘Ronald the Rhino’. There are two versions- the book version (see files below) or the video version (follow the link below).
- Phonics Videos on YouTube- Letters and Sounds, which is the scheme we use at school to teach Phonics from, are beginning a YouTube channel that goes through different Year 1 phonics sounds. They will be releasing videos every day from Monday to Friday at 10:30 and 11:00 for Year 1 pupils. They will be focusing on blending and reading words! https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCP_FbjYUP_UtldV2K_-niWw
- Complete the ‘My favourite animal’ activity (see below for more information on it). Please complete this task in your blue books. Remember capital letters, full stops and finger spaces!
- Complete ‘Friendship’ Activity on Purple Mash. (Please remember to save your work). Think about a good friend of yours.
- Who are they?
- Where did you meet them?
- Why are they a good friend?
- What do they do that makes them such a good friend?
Please start off by following the link below and watching and joining in on this fun Maths/PE activity again!
- Complete ‘1 less and 1 more’ lesson (see resources below). Please write any answers in your blue books. The answers have been provided.
- Complete the Purple Mash Activity called ‘More than/Less than’. (Please remember to save your work!)
- Complete ‘Number Patterns’ lesson (see resources below). Please write any answers in your blue books. The answers have been provided.
Watch the video above about the Good Samaritan. Then answer the following questions in your blue books.
- What does it mean to love your neighbour?
- Who stopped to help the injured man?
- What have you done either at home or at school that shows you are Good Samaritan? You may also want to draw a picture to show what you did.
We discussed a long while back at our ‘Meet the teacher’ afternoon about this ’50 things to do before your 11 and ¾’ challenge we are doing as a whole school! (See below for a copy of the 50 things to do) There are a few plant related activities on there that I thought may be fun to do, especially now as we are getting nicer weather!
Perhaps you could get to know a tree, by doing some bark rubbings or leaf printing. Or if you have plants at home, either in the house or in the garden, maybe you could be in charge of looking after them! You could take pictures, or write about what you did! But just have a little bit of fun outside amongst nature!
Follow the link above which will take you to the Oak National Academy page, where you will see a video lesson to watch. It will teach you all about continents (which is something we were yet to cover back at school). Follow the lesson and complete any tasks they set out.
At the end, there is a game you could play on the BBC Bitesize page (see link below). Please click on the icon that shows a map and this will take you to a game about the continents.
Follow the above, which will take you to the ‘Language Angels’ website. Please log into the ‘Pupil Games’ section with the Username: bernadette and the Password: French.
Select the category called ‘Les Instruments’, which will then take you to a list of games. Please go to the games under the ‘Sound and Picture Games’ heading (you may have to scroll down to find this). Play the Bingo game.