Teaching and Learning
At St Bernadette Catholic Primary School, we endeavour to deliver a broad and balanced curriculum complying with legislation whilst also responding to the needs and interests of our pupils. We ensure it is an interesting, relevant and balanced curriculum. This is emphasised by:
- Developing their speaking and listening skills
- Deepening their questioning skills
- Engaging in concrete and formal activities
- Experiencing a range of teaching styles
- Engaging in a wide range of
In the Academic Year 17-18, we introduced a new maths scheme, known as Maths No Problem. This curriculum incorporates teaching methods developed in Singapore which are based on established theorists. It encourages the use of resources, problem solving and group work so as to encourage pupils to master an understanding and love of maths. In order to involve parents more fully in their children's education, we have, in keeping with statutory obligations placed upon schools, attached a range of information that may help. Please click on the links below:
- Maths No Problem! - What is Maths Mastery?
- Maths No Problem! - What is Singapore Maths?
- Maths No Problem! - Bar Modelling
- Maths No Problem! - CPA Approach
- Maths No Problem! - Number Bonds
For more information about our curriculum and ways you can support at home, please look at the class pages.
Please click below for a useful Curriculum Guide for parents: