SEND (including the Local Offer) on HertsDirect
DSPL 7 and how it supports our families and the school
Originally called Developing Special Provision Locally. Area Groups are now focusing on Delivering Special Provision Locally to achieve quality outcomes.
DSPL is a Hertfordshire-wide partnership approach where parents, carers, staff in early years settings and schools, further education colleges, local authority officers and representatives from other agencies, work together as part of an Area Group, to ensure that there is a range of provision and support services available in their local community that:
- Meets the needs of children and young people with special educational needs and/or disabilities (SEND), aged 0-25, as close to home as possible.
- Widens choice for children and parers/carers
- Removes barriers to learning
- Improves outcomes for wellbeing and attainment
- Uses resources more effectively
Follow this link to find out more information visit DSPL7
Current support events with DSPL7
Sessions for Parents:
See attachments for latest support groups and training.
SEN Parents Focus Group - please contact DSPL7 for details Families in Focus Parent Network support & learning drop in sessions for parents caring for children with any additional need, lifelong condition and/or disability, including Autism, ADHD, Down’s Syndrome etc
- Simple Solutions Workshops
- Phoenix Parents Support Group - please contact DSPL7 for details
Sessions for Children/Young People:
- Siblings Group
- Play and Sign - For children with Down's Syndrome and their parents and carers