Spring 2020 Home Learning
This page will be updated every Monday morning with suggested weekly tasks and activities for your child to do.
In the meantime, here are some suggestions for activities to enjoy at home :)
- Enjoy sharing stories throughout the day, encourage your child to join in with any repeated refrains ( eg Run, run as fast as you can....)
- Enjoy mark making - remember children have a whiteboard pen and laminated name to practise name writing. Use chalk to draw on the ground outside!
- Try to enjoy some outside time when/where possible, maybe go for a welly walk!
- Play board games
- Sing Nursery rhymes and favourite songs together
- Practise cutting from old magazines/newspapers (cheap children's scissors available in Wilkos/WH Smith)
- Practise counting objects and matching numerals to number of objects
- Talk about members of your family/friends and what they do, how they spend their time. Phone family and friends and share news together
- Ask questions, starting with easy What/Who/Where questions and then progressing to How/Why questions when your child is ready
Above all have fun together!
I am also including our fantastic, long lasting playdough recipe. Fun to make and lasts well if kept in a sealed container when COLD - v important, or it will go sticky!)
1 cup of flour
1 cup of cold water
1/2 cup of salt
1 tablespoon of oil
1 teaspoon of cream of tartar
Mix all the ingredients in a thick bottomed saucepan. cook over a medium heat stirring all the time to prevent mixture from sticking. Remove dough from the heat when the mixture comes together and leaves the saucepan dry.
There are a number of useful websites as listed below:
Purple Mash Log in email@example.com Enter mini mash for EYFS
http://www.phonicsplay.co.uk/freeIndex.htm Great site with some free phonics games
www.bbc.co.uk/cbeebies Many games often recognised by children from their favourite programmes.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/cbeebies/stories cbeebies stories and rhymes.
http://www.ictgames.com/ Some excellent numeracy and literacy resources
https://soundcloud.com/search?q=eric%20carle Listen to favourite stories
Please share your experiences with us through Tapestry! We look forward to hearing from you and chatting to you and your children!
With our very best wishes to you and your families. Stay happy and well.
Mrs Osgood & Mrs Campanella