Homework will be published onto the website on Friday and due the following Wednesday. It will include Maths from mymaths website based on the content covered during the week. In addition, it will include Literacy comprehension/SPAG. With the homework there will be the spellings. These are differentiated into two groups to ensure it is beneficial for each child. In addition, there will fortnightly R.E homework sent out on a Wednesday, this will be based on 'The Word' that your child brings home. There may also be some topic activities and projects now and again (every half-term).
It is also important to read with your child daily so that they maintain and improve their reading standard.
Homework is there to:
- Reinforce and consolidate classroom learning.
- Help children to develop independent learning skills.
- Provide opportunities for parents and children to enjoy the learning experience together.
- Inspire children to want to extend their own learning
Homework should not:
- Cause unnecessary stress or anxiety for the child or parent!
Please feel free to let us know if you feel the homework is causing stress
Many thanks for your cooperation,
All homework will be attached below as a word document with the date of the day it's due on. Please find at the bottom of the page.