Homework will be published onto the website ready for Friday. It should be returned on Wednesdays. With the homework will be the spellings. The spelling test is on Friday mornings.I will send home a marked spelling list home with your child every Friday so you can see their score but also which words they got correct.
The homework will be differentiated at times or include extension challenges. You can find their literacy group inside the front page of their homework book.
In addition to alternate maths and literacy homework and weekly spellings, there will be fortnightly R.E homework sent out on a Wednesday, this will be based on 'The Word' that your child brings home. There may also be some topic activities and projects now and again.
It is also important to read with your child daily so that they maintain and improve their reading standard.
Homework is there to:
- Reinforce and consolidate classroom learning.
- Help children to develop independent learning skills.
- Provide opportunities for parents and children to enjoy the learning experience together.
- Inspire children to want to extend their own learning
Homework should not:
- Cause unnecessary stress or anxiety for the child or parent!
- Exceed the recommended guideline of one hour per week.
Please feel free to let me know if the homework is causing stress or exceeding the one hour guidline.
IF YOU EVER NEED THE HOMEWORK PRINTING PLEASE LET ME KNOW.
Many thanks for your cooperation,
All homework will be attached below as a word document with the date of the day it's being set. Please find at the bottom of the page.